Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Who Knew?

Turns out that Gamescom is the happenin' place to be right now with all sorts of announcements and game footage coming out today. I'm sure the most talked about announcement came from Sony with the news that there will indeed be a PS3 Slim model priced at $299, and that all other models are being discontinued and prices slashed to the $299 price as well.

None of this is a surprise, but it's a welcome announcement and goes under the category of 'FINALLY'! Is is enough to get me to buy a PS3, maybe, but I was really hoping for PS2 backwards compatibility. I have begun to collect PS2 games that I have wanted to play at one time or another and wouldn't it be nice to not have to have a separate machine to play them on, oh well.

Check out Gamespot's coverage on Gamescom here.

No comments: