Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Hearts of Iron III Inital thoughts

I have been waiting for this game since it was announced, so needless to say I was excited about getting it. My initial thoughts are this - I like it. There are some things that have been streamlined from the second game, and some nice additions as well. I have owned all three games and it's nice to see how HOI has progressed since the original was released. In fact, I would say that HOI3 is the most user friendly thus far, and yet still has enough complexity to appease longtime fans. That's my opinion anyways.

I have two complaints thus far - the load times when starting up the game are terrible, and because I bought a digital version, there is no physical copy of a manual. I did try to print up the pdf file, but it formatted all weird. Not a big issue, but would be nice to have something I could look at for reference while playing the game.

Those are my initial thoughts to a great game, so I leave you with a video:

No comments: