Monday, August 24, 2009

Treasury of the Ancients

After being out of town for a few days last week, and with all the Champions Online playing I have been doing, I realised that I had spent very little time in Hyboria. So Friday night I decided to take a break from everything and log in some time with my HoX. I try to gain one level during each play time, and so far it has worked, but I am sure there will come a time when the leveling will slow down enough that I won't be able to.

So when I did log in I was level 37 and I had just returned to the Kopshef Province to turn in some quests. I had spent a large amount of time in Aquilonia, so I was glad to be back in my home country! After turning in a few quests, I was able to get one that would take me to the courtyard area of the Pyramid of the Ancients. A few quests later and I was on my way to an are called the Treasury of the Ancients.

Two things I noticed when I first went in, it's a small dungeon, and there are a whole lot of statues on either side of the main hall. As I made my way down the hall, I noticed at the end of the hall there was some barrier to the main chamber, and I could swear that the statues were watching me as I was making my way down to the end.

I made my way down to the end of the hall, and nothing happens, at least I though so. I turned around to head back out and noticed that two of the statues are now blocking my exit. What proceeded next was a gauntlet of statue fighting, at first it was one, eventually the came in pairs.

Many of the dungeons I have done thus far are ok, but nothing that great, Treasury of the Ancient was awesome. That was the most fun I have had in AoC to date, and that was a solo instance, so I can't wait to try a group instance now!

My only regret is that I did not take any screenshots. It's too bad that people gave up on AoC before it became the game it is now, something I did, because it is a great game now.

No comments: