Sunday, October 12, 2008

WAAAGH Journal 3

Lately I have been having a bit of the blahs with WAR. Is is a bad game? By no means, so then what is it then? I think it's the thin PvE content and that the Order are not as interesting to play as the Destruction side.

I have come to the conclusion that Mythic did not want two parts to their game, a PvP side and a PvE side like WoW. Instead, it seems that you will need to have a decent mix of PvE and RvR, and in particular Scenarios in order to rank up and gear up as well. That's not a bad thing at all, but it does take me out of my comfort zone and requires me to change my play style some.

I was very resistant to the idea of having to PvP because the PvE is lacking, and so far the two classes that I had tried that with was no fun for me. So last night I decided to try a couple of new classes, the Dwarven Ironbreaker and Engineer.

The Ironbreaker is a tank in every way, low damaging attacks with lots of hit points high resistance to enemy damage means taking down a mob is slow, but I can take on multiple mobs at one time. I did enjoy the Ironbreaker some, and was able to get to rank 4 last night before moving on to another class. I am really interested in trying out a tank class in the scenarios.

So then I moved on to the Engineer. The Engineer is a ranged dps class with a pet, but not just any pet, but a gun turret! I had an absolute blast with Snorkle the Engineer, so much so that I joined several scenarios while out questing. I was able to reach rank 6 last night, and am currently doing Dwarven chapter 2 PQ's.

There are some other Order classes that I want to try out, but I think that I might have found the class I am going to stick with for awhile. I do plan on playing some classes on the Destruction side some more, I do enjoy the Black Orc, and the Witch and Disciple of Kaine seems really cool as well. But maybe, just maybe I have found the cure for my 'meh' blues with WAR!

No comments: