Thursday, October 23, 2008

Some randomness...


Since I haven't posted much lately, I thought I would just throw some thoughts together into one post...

I have been playing Dead Space on the Xbox 360 for the past few days, and it's much better than I thought it would be. I thought it looked like crap after reading about it and seeing some screenshots, and because it's made by EA, but I was wrong, it's actually very good. It's what System Shock would be like if you removed all the rpg, added some really nice graphics, and changed the game from a fps into a Resident Evil clone. But it works, and I am having alot of fun.

I'm hoping to get some time in with Fable 2 before I lose more time when Fallout 3 is released on the 28th.

I haven't played alot of Warhammer lately, but I have been having alot of fun with my Black Orc running scenarios while questing, which is what I thought you are suppose to do. Seems to be some dislike for scenarios floating around the blogosphere lately. Two things really that bothersome, players just camping out in the warcamps, and the amount of xp gained in a scenario has become the new grind to gain rank, both take away from open world RvR. I agree that something needs to be done to encourage players to do more ORvR. But I have noticed that my enjoyment has increased alot when I began to que up more scenarios while questing. Problem is that scenarios give out too much xp and questing gives out too little, that's why I try to mix both in during a game session.

The new Star Wars MMO was finally made official, really looking forward to that. Here's hoping that SWG will finally be able to be put to rest and taken out of it's misery.

Max Payne movie is not nearly as bad as critics say it is, but it's not a good movie either. How can you make a movie out of an action game, but take out all the action?

The World Series started, not really interested, the Raiders beat the Jets on Sunday, surprise surprise, and the Sabres are undefeated, woot!

No comments: