Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A little disapointment here, a bit of unsatisfaction there...

I was really looking forward to the beginning part of the week with two big updates coming, the Heavy Metal 1.05 patch for WAR and the NXE for the 360. But I have to say that I am a tad disappointed with both.

The new 1.05 patch for WAR was more than a couple week event, it was suppose to have some changes to careers that I was very interested in. So imagine my surprise when I read that the career changes did not make the patch, all the while as the patch is downloading. Mythic has decided to delay the career content in order to do further testing to make sure they get it right, and that's not a bad thing. The new Heavy Metal event stuff is cool, and I am always for content, but I really had my heart set on the new combat update stuff.

So next comes the NXE. Like an idiot, I stayed up way too late to get the new update so I am just a tad tired at this moment. I was looking forward to the new look, but I was really excited that my resolution for my 19" monitor will finally be supported. I have been running my res at 1360x768 and it worked, but I was itching to play games at 1440x900. So I fire up a game, and right away I noticed small black bars at the top and bottom of the screen, WTF!?!? So if I run a rez that is not native to the monitor, then it's full screen??

So to sum things up, it was a very disappointing day yesterday for me.

No comments: