Friday, January 26, 2018

Obligatory "What Are You Playing This Weekend" Post

I had actually meant to post more this week, but I spent a good part of the week catching up on some wrestling. And speaking of wrestling, that's what is going to be dominating the weekend for me. On Saturday there's NXT Takeover Philadelphia, then Sunday is the Royal Rumble! Here's hoping it doesn't suck!

Also this weekend there's the NHL Skills Competition and All-Star Game, and a UFC on Fox! Talk about a busy weekend of non-gaming! But that doesn't mean there won't be any gaming, just not as much.

Truth is I'm not really sure what I'm going to play this weekend. Since finishing Quantum Break last weekend, I've been in a bit of a funk trying to decide what to play next. I've dabbled a bit in the Elder Scrolls Online, Hitman, even installed Max Payne and played a bit too.

The downside of owning so many games is it's easy to get in a funk trying to decide what to play, and that's been the story this week for me. I've also been trying to figure out whether or not I'm going to continue playing ESO, if I should just uninstall and be done with it once and for all.

I have been playing quite a bit of Hitman, my personal game of the year for 2017. There's a new Elusive Contract the begins today, so there is a very good chance I'll be trying to do some murderin' sometime this weekend.

One game I forgot that I installed this week was Virtua Tennis 4. That's right, a tennis game. I love tennis, both playing and watching. I haven't watched or kept up on pro tennis in ages, but I was able to watch a tad bit of the Australian Open last week. I love sports games because they, much like multiplayer games, are great time fillers and my go to when I can't decide what to play. I bought Top Spin 4 for my PS3 last month, but instead of going through the hassle of hooking it up to my computer monitor I went through the hassle of dealing with Games for Windows Live instead.

I did install Prey this week, I really want to start playing that as well as get back into Tyranny. With pre-orders starting for Pillars Of Eternity II, I wouldn't mind playing through the first one before that comes out. However, with all the tv going on this weekend I forsee myself playing some ESO as I try to decide if I want to continue with some Hitman and possibly other sports games sprinkled in.

This post is kind of all over the place, but so has my game playing this week. Oh well, should be a fun weekend!


No comments: