Friday, January 12, 2018

Obligatory "What Are We Playing This Weekend" Post

Ah yes, the weekend - the time for relaxation, the NFL playoffs and of course, video games. While I do game during the weekday evenings, I find the majority of my gaming can be on the weekends if I have nothing else going on. Being a homebody type of person I often don't have anything else going on.

First on the list is Homefront The Revolution. I started playing this game at the beginning of the week and should actually finish it tonight. Thank goodness. It's a pretty game, but after the first few hours it becomes quite tedious. The gun play can't decide if it wants to be Arma or Call of Duty, it's pretty frustrating at times.

Also on the list will be a few multiplayer games - Mechwarrior Online and Elder Scrolls Online. I decided to give ESO a fair chance and even subbed for a month. It's not a bad game, there are things to like with ESO, but every time I'm playing I can't help but get a feeling that I would rather be playing any of the single-player Elder Scrolls games. The class system in ESO really drives me crazy which doesn't help.

I haven't played much MWO the past couple of weeks thanks to playing through some of the games I picked up on sale during the Holiday. It's my go to game when I'm in between single-player games, and probably one of the very, very few competitive multiplayer games that I am half-way decent at playing.

Hitman is probably on the list as well, we shall see. I love this game so freaking much, it's the best game in the franchise hands down. Of all the games I've played in 2017, Hitman was by far the best and my most favorite. One feature of the game is the Elusive Targets - special targets unrelated to the story that you are tasked with removing their life played out on the various levels that you play through during the story. I missed the Elusive Targets the first time, but in November IOI decided to bring them back to which I am grateful. Any reason to play Hitman is a good reason for me!

There very well may be a chance I'll play some SWTOR, or SW: Battlefront 2 on Xbox with a buddy, or even some Path of Exile during the football games depending on how out of hand they become. I'm also going to be deciding which single-player game that I'm going to want to start next. I'm thinking it's going to be Quantum Break, another game I picked up during the Holidays.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments: