Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Alive, or just barley breathing...

I haven't posted much on over the last four or five months, mostly out of laziness I guess. But also out of a touch of burnout too. I have a blogger account that I was posting to on a somewhat regular basis, and I would forget to copy that over to this blog, but I was starting to read more and more blogs. And I found that I was spending a great deal of time blog reading and trying to come up with something to post and giving myself little time for anything else, mainly game wise.

I also haven't written a game review for a few months which I am not happy about as I really want to do more, and I need the practice. But I have been out of work for the past month with a broken foot, so funds are a bit tight. At this time I have to purchase the games that I want to review, so I am picky on what I review because I don't want to waste my money on something that I feel is not going to be good or that I know that I won't like.

I have been helping out a friend posting articles on his website, and he has many contacts and receives alot of review copies of games for the consoles, but I have yet to see any come my way let alone a pc review copy. I am really hoping that review copy of Street Fighter IV will show up for me!!Most of the articles I have posted are from emails sent to me and some are reposts of articles from other sites, with credit given of course. That's not my favorite way to post content, but I want to be consistent with adding content. Sometimes it feels like a second job.....

I really can't wait to get back to work next week.

1 comment:

Ysharros said...

Well, I'm still reading! :D That's the beauty of RSS feeds, heh. That said, I'll admit I'm skimming or skipping a lot of posts in my reader these days -- I've got over 100 feeds and a) it takes too long, and b) when RL gets busier and/or more fraught, reading a zillion blog posts every day seems like a waste of head-space, so I know where you're coming from.