Friday, April 24, 2009

A wedding, two MMO's and a really bad game.

It's been a busy two weeks since I last posted anything. I went up to Eureka to be in a good friends wedding. It was poorly planned, cheaply done, but it worked and I am was very proud to have been apart of it.

I also was able to reconnect with a few friends that I haven't seen in almost six years, and got to see just how much has changed since my last visit. All in all the trip was worth it, and I am looking forward to going back up there within the next few months.

Gaming wise, I have completed Tales of Valor and am working on a review for that at this time. I think the review will take me longer to finish than it did to complete the game. Wow released its now infamous 3.1.0 patch, the one that nuked the servers for almost a day. Warlocks and DK's don't seem all to happy, but so far none of the classes I play have had much changed that I have noticed anyways.

LOTRO is having a week long come back and play birthday celebration, so I installed that last night and did some adventuring in Middle Earth for a bit today before work. Hard to imagine that it has been two years since release, and City of Heroes will be celebrating five years in May. I was so in love with LOTRO during beta and the first month of release, but since then I have hardly played the game at all.

One thing I like about Book 7 was the addition of the quest tracker, but it's a bit clunky and looks tacked on. I was always frustrated with the vague description in the quest text in LOTRO, so anything is better than what was there. Who knows, maybe I will take advantage of the three month sub special, we shall see.

There doesn't seem to be anything coming out anytime soon that I am looking forward to, so it looks like I may have some time to devote to games that I own that I have been wanting to play. We shall see...

No comments: