Saturday, July 4, 2009

Well, it's the 4th of July, the time for bbq's, drinks and fireworks, all in the celebration of our independence. Thank you to those who have and continue to serve our country in order that we can still have our independence, and everyone have a happy and safe 4th!!!

On a gaming front, I was able to get an invite to the Aion beta so I will try to post some of my thoughts after the weekend. I've also had one of my freakout modes where I sub to multiple MMO's in order to find one that I really want to play. It seems this episode was sparked once I realised that I was becoming bored with WoW's endgame.

First up was EQ2, then I noticed I had free play time in SWG, I also bought PotBS for five dollars so I have a free month of play time there, then I decided to revisit AoC, all the while still having a sub to LOTRO. The main issue I have with MMO's is the feeling that I must play them because I am paying for them, and when you have that many to choose from, I tend to stare at the monitor trying to decide which one to play.

I have decided that I can only have a max of two MMO's at one time. See, I have other games that I really want to play, games like Team Fortress 2 which I played for the first time in ages the other day, and had a blast. But some games I've owned for awhile that I want to play like Mass Effect or Empire: Total War, something I can't do if I have multiple MMO's calling me to play.

Another rinkle in the equasion is the sudden interest now in playing on my Xbox 360 as well, which never bodes well for my PC gaming time. My alter ego Jai Dredd is leading the NHL in scoring for the Buffalo Sabres in NHL 09, and I am addicted to the stealth gameplay of Splinter Cell.

But one thing good has come out of this month long vacation gaming wise, I was able to finish the original campaign in Neverwinter Nights 2. It took me almost a week and just over 50 hours, but I was able to complete possibly one of the best rpg's for a second time. I generally spend a large amount of time creating different classes and playing them for a few hours to see how they work and if I am going to like them. But I finally stuck with a druid/tank, and it was awesome. Druids get some really good spells later on, and with my prestige class the warpriest and my druid buffs, I was almost unstoppable. I've been thinking how much fun it would be to play through as an evil cleric....

Well this post is long and all over the place, so I will end it with well wishes to everyone and there families this holiday weekend, especially Stargrace, I hope you feel better soon!!

No comments: