Wednesday, January 28, 2009

FEAR Alma...Again!

I am a huge Monolith fan, they have created some of my most favorite games over the years; Aliens vs Predator, No One Lives Forever, and even one of the most underrated MMORPG's The Matrix Online.

A few of their more recent titles include the Condemned games and F.E.A.R. Condemned was one of the early titles to be released on the 360 and it looked great, had wonderful atmosphere, but was really buggy.

When I first read about F.E.A.R., I was very excited. But as I was playing through the game, I had a overwhelming feeling of the meh's. The game deviates from the horror parts too often, and the time slowing mechanic I felt was very generic and I never used it. But, the ending was the best, and all in all, I did enjoy myself.

So that brings me to F.E.A.R. 2 Project Origin. I will admit that I am looking forward to this game, and for a couple of reasons. I just saw a video preview, and it looks great, but also I really have a desire to play a quality shooter. I know there's Far Cry 2 and Crysis (which are almost the same thing), but neither of those games have grabbed me like F2 is.

I will be picking this one up in a few weeks, and hopefully writing a review for it as well. Until then, check out the video preview care of GameSpot.


No comments: