Sunday, August 3, 2008

Focus man, focus!


Now that I am done with the Conan review, and have sworn off purchasing a new game till Warhammer Online, I find myself with some extra time to catch up on some games that I've had for ages.

For the past few months, I've been in a gaming funk. I have this bad habit of buying a new game, and then leaving it on the shelf for weeks, months, or even years before I even touch it. So needless to say, I have a stack of PC and 360 games sitting on my shelf at home, waiting for the gentle touch of Jayedub! And so for months, I've been trying to decide what to play, should I play the game I just bought, or how about that game I bought a year ago instead, argh.

To make matters worse, I am an MMO addict, and I have a tendancy to play multiple MMO's at the same time. Seeing as how I have to pay to play these games, I feel obligated to focus more attention on those first. So what ends up happening is that I sit in front of my computer for a few hours staring at the desktop trying to talk myself into playing something.

So I decided that I've come down with the comon ailment of not-ableis to focusitis. So, I decided to focus on my ever growing stack of 360 games.

Now I have come to the realization that my life is not going to be any different if I don't play these games. And that I shouldn't let the pressure of having tons of unplayed games get me down. Also, I just need to be more content with what I have, play what I have, and just buy something that I know I will play.

But, before I came to that conclusion, I began my quest a few months ago with a game called Overlord for the 360. I'll have that and more in part two!

No comments: