Thursday, March 19, 2009

Dawn of War II is now complete!

I have finally finished the singleplayer campaign in DoWII. Actually I finished over a week ago, but I finished none-the-less.

The game starts off great, gets tough in the middle, then becomes easier towards the end. Over all I had a great time with the game, and even started a new campaign. DowII fills two needs I have, it has some rpg elements and it is a tactical squad based gameplay that I don't always get from a RTS.

But the game does have some negatives; squad ai is a bit shoddy at times, specially in the late game, i.e. not using cover like instructed or not melee units not engaging the enemy when being attacked with ranged weapons. The Eldar need are way too tough in the middle part of the game, like level 8-12. The multiplayer is just a stripped down version of what was in Company of Heroes. Tried to do a mix of the story based gameplay from the first DoW and the risk style gameplay from Dark Crusade and Soulstorm.

Even with some of the negatives, I still loved the game.

No comments: