Sunday, May 26, 2013

Someone Say Four Day Weekend!

I had really hoped to post a bit more over the past week, but working two jobs and only having one day off a week is really kicking my butt, and getting old. That will change after today, hopefully, as I have the next four days off, including getting a paid holiday for Monday from both jobs! Woot! I am hopeful that the following week I'll get at least two days off then starting July 1st I'll be a one job man again.

It's not that I haven't had time to do stuff, but the little time I have had I spent watching some TV with the family or playing games. I went from having three days off to only one and the one thing I've known for awhile is that I am really bad at managing my time and it has shown during this past month.

I did, however, make a list of all the games I've either not played or played just a smidgen last. One thing I learned was that I've purchased very few games from a brick and mortar store over the past two and a half years. If memory serves me, I have only purchased ten PC games from a retail store since buying Fallout New Vegas from Gamestop back in October 2010. How many digital games have I purchased? Way too many.

Instead of creating a road map which was incredibly overwhelming, I think I'll use my list as a sort of bucket list for games. Once I feel satisfied I've played the game, I'll cross it off the list and move onto something else. I know that I will never play every game on my list but maybe this will help curb my spending on random games. Only time will tell.

No comments: