Currently I'm on a quest called the backlog meltdown which is proving to be tougher than I had anticipated. When I originally accepted the quest, I decided that whatever I had installed currently would be gotten to first and I would hold off installing anything new till then. But thanks to a Windows reinstall the other day, that idea unfortunately went out the window. See what I did there!
Truth be told, when thinking about it, it doesn't seemed like I played a lot of games. Yes I've gamed a lot, but if you take away the MMO's and the online shooters, I haven't finished a whole lot. One thing is for sure, I have a terrible memory when it comes to stuff like this.
So in the style of bullet points, let me list the games!
- Batman Arkham Asylum - Played through in preparation for the sequel.
- Batman Arkham City - Played through the story, collected and finished all the Riddle trophys.
- Rage - Highly underrated game that I played through twice, missing only a couple of achievements.
- Syndicate - Super good game, very underrated. Loved the gameplay so much I finished it three times!
- Darkness 2 - Awesome game! Very surprised at how great this game is. Only Steam game I've collected all 50 achievements.
- Serious Sam 3 - Technically I didn't finish this one as I raged quit on the unnecessarily hard final boss fight. Really sad this game turned out to be a turd.
- FEAR 3 - I really like this game. It's not great, but the gameplay is pretty good. Played through bot Point Man and Paxton Fettel, meaning I've finished the game four times!
- Max Payne 3 - My personal Game of the Year choice thus far. After setting this one aside thanks to some launch issues I finally took the time to play, and I'm glad I did. The game is awesome in every possible way, even the multiplayer is fun.
- Diablo III - Almost forgot about the biggest launch of the year thus far. I love this game. Issues aside, the gameplay is phenomenal, it's everything I had hoped for and more. Finished twice so far as a Barbarian and Wizard.
Well there you have it, these are the games that I've finished so far this year. At least I think so, there could possibly be a game or two slipping my mind, but I don't think so.
So what's on the horizon? Right now it's Sleeping Dogs, next will be Binary Domain with some Max Payne sprinkled in. After that I'm not sure, Boarderlands 2 is coming really soon all the while playing some League of Legends and various MMO's as well. A quick glance at my Steam library shows me I've got plenty to keep me busy, and that's without making another purchase for the rest of the year.