Monday, May 23, 2011

Not The Indie Type.

I like games. In fact, i like lots of games. But the type of games I don't care much for are indie games. I'm not saying that I hate indie developers or their games and I'm not opposed to buying indie games either.

I just don't care much for anything indie, be it movies, music or games. Indie supporters kind of remind me of Apple supporters(disciples), they feel they are better than everyone because they are not supporting something mainstream.

With all that said, it does seem that the the only original IP's releasing these days are coming from indie developers. So I guess indie games are not all that bad.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

Carson 63000 said...

"Indie supporters kind of remind me of Apple supporters(disciples)"

"Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone"

The irony made me chuckle. :-)

Jayedub said...

Lol, I was hoping someone would notice that!

Yeebo said...

I certainly won't get an indie game just for the sake of supporting one of the little guys. But I think you are correct, a lot of the really innovative stuff comes from indie developers. For example, Minecraft and Kingdom of Loathing. Both utterly fantastic games that never would have come from a mainstream developer.

I tend to enjoy things that push boundaries, especially in cinema and music. Of course, it also depends a lot on what I'm in the mood for. I like big dumb action movies just as much as thought provoking cinema. Two of my favorite movies are the Piano (indy) and Conan the Barbarian (the very antithesis of indy). I own the french films Red, White, and Blue on DvD. I also have almost every Godzilla movies either on VHS or DVD....