Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Where Oh Where Has My Wallet Gone!

Man I really need to exercise more discipline and discretion with regards to buying games! So in the past thirty days I bought in order: The First Templar, The Witcher 2, LA Noire for the PS3, Red Faction Armageddon, Brink, Bulletstorm on sale for twelve bucks and I picked up My FEAR 3 and Dungeon Siege 3 pre-orders from Gamestop today. That is a lot of gaming.

I have finished LA Noire and Red Faction and was close to completing The First Templar, but I just couldn't take more of that awful game. I do think I am getting better with my game purchase to completion percentage. But, a spending spree like this is what back logs are made of.

The plan is to start with Dungeon Siege 3, then get to FEAR 3 next with a healthy dose of Brink in between. There's also the matter of MMO's - I am getting the itch to play them again. Either way, I've got enough gaming to tide me over till Warhammer 40k Space Marine arrives in late August!

4 comments:

mbp said...

I am a cheapskate. I generally wait a few months till the price falls.

Looking forward to Red Faction Armageddon. Not sure about Witcher 2. I made several attempts to start Witcher 1 but never managed to get out of the first village.

Jayedub said...

I hear ya, I prefer buying games on sale too. Red Faction is pretty darn good. It's not long, does not have competitive multiplayer, but the story is decent, voice acting is good, the weapons are great and destructible environments are awesome!

Anonymous said...

I'm looking to get The Witcher 2, but I'm thinking maybe I should buy it when I have more time to play, and by then maybe the price would have fallen. Oh, and I recently finished L.A. Noire. Agreed with you about the conclusion. I'm pretty much scarred for life by Rockstar games endings now...

Jayedub said...

While I'm glad that I can use a game pad with the Witcher 2, I am frustrated with the combat a bit. I'm hoping that this awesomeness the game is suppose to posses comes out soon cause I am feeling rather meh about Witcher 2 thus far.