Saturday, February 3, 2018

Obligatory "What Are You Playing This Weekend" Post

Normally I would post this on Friday, but since I am working today I figured I'd give myself something to do and write this up today. While this weekend will only have the fraction of things to do like last weekend I still will find myself with not a ton of time to game due to work today and the Super Bowl tomorrow.

This post won't be very long because I already know what I'll be spending most my time with - The Division on PC. It's going to be all Division all the time! I have always enjoyed The Division, it combines the rpg loot-fest of an arpg like Diablo with tactical third person combat. Such a great combination. It's also a game the can really get under my skin and frustrate the hell out of me. The field of view is kind of restrictive, the cover system isn't very consistent at times, and some of the AI enemies just charge at you for no reason negating the point of using cover.

All that said, I am really enjoying the game as it's been the only thing I've played this week. I normally like playing solo because I hate people, but I did try some daily missions with a random group and it was a ton of fun. Because of that I'm going to try to do some more group missions this weekend.

Today is my buddy Jim's birthday, and he has requested my presence on Xbox for some gaming tonight. Who knows what we'll end up playing. It boils down to a group of us spending a massive amount of time trying to figure out a game that we all own to play, last year it was Titanfall. This year I'm not sure what it'll be, but that will be on the docket for tonight.

I do know that I'll be doing a small bit of Hitman again as I want to make sure I complete the current Elusive Contract before it expires. Elusive Contracts were one time events that IOI ran I think a couple of years ago and I missed all of them. When the GOTY edition of Hitman was released in November last year IOI restarted the elusive contracts, but this time we get a week to complete the contract.

Well that's going to be it, I hope everyone has a great weekend. And if you are watching the Super Bowl, let's all hope it's at least competitive.

No comments: